Welcome to Year 5!
Teaching Team: Mr Johnson, Miss Miles, Miss Evans & Mrs Arthurs
18/04/22 - We hope you had a fantastic Easter break and have enjoyed the sunshine it brought. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at school.
A few reminders for this term:
- All indoor shoes went home before the end of term, so all pupils must remember to bring in a pair of black indoor shoes (no sliders).
- You should be reading every day for at least 15 minutes. Make time for it in your home routine, it should be an enjoyable activity and is school non-negotiable.
- PE days for this term are Tuesday (outdoor) and Wednesday (outdoor).
- We will be setting two activities per week for you to complete at home to support your learning development. Remember, these are non-negotiable.
13/01/22 - Welcome back Year 5! We hope you had a good Christmas break.
A few important reminders:
- All pupils must have a pair of black indoor shoes (no sliders) at school to wear every day.
- You should be reading every day for at least 15 minutes. Number of Accelerated Reader quizzes vary by book but we expect a quiz at the very least every 2 weeks if reading a long chapter book. Every 2 days if reading a short book.
- PE days are Wednesday (outdoor) and Thursday (indoor).
2/11/21 - Well done for a great first half term of Year 5. Now we have started our second half term, just a reminder that we expect pupils to be practising times tables and spellings at home daily (just a short 10 minutes a day) and doing 15-20 minutes of reading. Each week we should see 5 comments in reading diaries. We would like reading diaries to be brought in on Fridays so we can send them back out on Monday.
3/09/21 - We hope you had a fantastic summer and have enjoyed your first few days of Year 5. On this page you will find key information from your teachers including times tables, planet spellings, notices and a 10-day remote learning grid.
We are looking forward to a brilliant year with you all.
Year 5 Sleepover
As you are all now aware, we will be holding a Year 5 Sleepover on Friday 17th June 2022 - Saturday 18th June 2022. Below you will find a link to a parent presentation video which outlines what is going to happen and what you need to do next.
In Year 5, we will have a weekly spelling test on the planet spellings. You need to practise your spellings at home every day to support your learning. After getting them correct two weeks in a row, you will move onto the next galaxy.
Times Tables & Maths Skills
Use Maths Frame to practise your times tables and maths skills to develop your confidence. https://mathsframe.co.uk/
There are lots of activities to choose from.
If you would like to practise more problem solving challenges then try some nrich activities. https://nrich.maths.org/