Free School Meals
Universal Infant Free School Meals
In September 2014 the Government introduced Free School Meals for ALL pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, this is known as Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM). At The Vine School we fully support this decision as we know that eating a healthy, freshly prepared meal sets children up for a good afternoon in school, helping them to behave well and to concentrate on their learning.
We have been grateful for the support of parents and carers of our younger children in preparing menus that will be appealing and familiar to them. Our menus comply with national food standards so, for example, there are lots of fruit based puddings and we avoid deep fried food preferring to steam and bake and roast.
We try very hard to cater for children on special diets and every day we make sure that there is a jacket potato with a choice of toppings for those who cannot eat the main meal. We always offer bread and a selection of salads to accompany the main meal as well as offering fresh fruit or yoghurt as an alternative to the main pudding. In addition there is a plentiful supply of drinking water and children are encouraged to 'water their brains.'
We offer the facility for children to change their lunch choices day by day.
Applying for Free School Meals for KS2
If your child is in KS2 (Year 3-6) you may be able to claim free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Please review all the information below
TO APPLY, complete the application form below or calling 01223 703200, or visit the County Council web page and do it online.