Provision and Resources
The Vine offers an extensive range of provision and resources to support pupils with SEND. Our offer includes the following:
- An Inclusion Co-ordinator (Ali Cooper, Deputy Headteacher) who oversees whole school provision of support for pupils with SEND.
- An Inclusion Manager (Nicola Jones) who collects data, maintains the records, analyses the impact of interventions and supports the smooth running of the Inclusion Team.
- Classteachers delivering ‘Quality First Teaching’ with high quality differentiated teaching methods to support individual progress
- Classroom based Teaching Assistants who are provided with on-going appropriate professional development and training opportunities
- The Vine School Inclusion Team – a team of teaching assistants who, through additional training, have become specialised in supporting pupils with SEND
- One to one Teaching Assistants for pupils with statements/EHCs or high level need
- Three qualified counsellors who provide on-site counselling for individual pupils
- Excellent working relationships with a wide range of outside agencies from within and beyond our locality team
The Vine School is a single storey building with good wheelchair access. The classrooms are well lit and have good acoustic conditions so that the environment is suitable for pupils with visual or hearing impairment. Small group and individual work take place for all age groups throughout the school day in all available spaces including classrooms, the learning centre, the hall, the DT room, the corridors and the outside area. In addition there are identified inclusion rooms:
- The Rainbow Room – for Reception and Key Stage 1 pupils
- The Thinking Space – for Key Stage 2 pupils
- The Counselling Room - for mentoring and mental wellbeing support
- The Pod – for mentoring and mental wellbeing support
Additional interventions are recorded on a detailed provision map that is reviewed and updated each term. This map enables the inclusion team to plan interventions for the forthcoming term in order to meet the needs of the pupils and highlights the wide range of programmes that are being run.
In response to the needs of pupils we have built up a wealth of inclusion resources. Materials and programmes are purchased as appropriate, matched to recurring needs throughout the school. Specific individual resources are purchased whenever this is viable.